The Companies (Directors’ Report) and Limited Liability Partnerships (Energy and Carbon Report) Regulations 2018, implement the Government’s policy on Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR).
From 1st April 2019, all ESOS companies and smaller “large” companies must, by law, calculate and include energy usage and carbon emissions data in their annual accounts filed at Companies House under this new SECR legislation.
For ESOS mandated Companies, we can provide this as an add-on service. For around 4,000 UK companies this will be entirely new. Large companies and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) are defined under the Companies Act 2006 as meeting two of the three conditions below:
- More than 250 employees
- Annual turnover £36m or greater
- Annual balance sheet total £18m or greater
Reporting for SECR (in scope Unquoted Companies and LLPs) must include:
- UK energy use (Minimum purchased electricity, gas & transport).
- Associated greenhouse gas emissions.
- At least one intensity ratio.
- Previous year’s figures for energy use and GHG emissions (except first year).
- Information about energy efficiency actions taken in the financial year.
- Methodologies used in calculation of disclosures.
The list above is slightly reduced for Quoted companies.
The requirements of the SECR will apply to company financial years beginning on or after the 1st April 2019.
We would advise companies to act early in order to establish whether or not they will be captured by it.
We can organise this service should you need it or discuss what help you may need in establishing what you may need to do to comply. Contact us to find out more.